ENFP 101: Hot Topics in Fire Protection Engineering
Fire test with a MLRS pod
- None; This class is not required
- There is no textbook required for the course
- This course will introduce students to state-of-the-art instruction, research, and practice in fire protection engineering. Seminars will be given by faculty members in the FPE department and by fire protection professionals and scientists.
- ENFP101 is open to all engineering students at the University, particularly students outside the fire protection engineering major.
- ENFP101 seeks to foster a demonstrated knowledge of contemporary issues relevant to the fire engineering profession and a broad understanding of the relevant societal issues impacted by the engineering solutions (ABET Student Outcome 8).
- Research in Firefighting
- Studies in Fire Investigation
- Spacecraft Fire Safety
- Advances in Fire Detection
- Vehicle Fires
- Advanced Measurements in Fire
- Computer Modeling of Compartment Fires
- Nuclear Power Plant Fire Safety
- Fire Fighting Clothing Research