FPE Undergraduate Program
We are proud to announce that ourundergraduate program is accredited by EAC/ABET. Information about ABET accreditation is available at http://www.abet.org/.
The University of Maryland Department of Fire Protection Engineering is one of the few places in the world offering degrees in fire protection engineering.
The educational objectives of the undergraduate program in Fire Protection Engineering are to produce graduates who:
- Practice fire protection engineering regionally, nationally and internationally in a broad range of modern professional settings
- Pursue advanced studies in fire protection engineering or related fields
- Actively participate in the development of engineering decisions on societal, environmental, economic and safety issues at the local or global levels
- Achieve professional certification and licensure
- Maintain continual professional competency and practice ethically
More about our educational objectives can be found in our mission statement.