Faculty Research Areas
- H. Baum - applied math, CFD
- M. diMarzo - suppression (water- or foam-based)
- M.J. Gollner - flammability, flame spread, wildfires
- A.W. Marshall - fire flows, combustion, suppression
- J.A. Milke - structures, detection, egress
- M.R. Nyden - molecular modeling, fire effluent analysis
- J.G. Quintiere - fire dynamics, scaling, flammability
- S.I. Stoliarov - pyrolysis, flammability, fire growth
- P.B. Sunderland - soot, fire dynamics, diagnostics
- A. Trouvé - turbulent combustion, fire modeling
Our Research Laboratory Facilities include:
- Dr Harry E. Hickey Fire Suppression Laboratory
- EBL Fire Engineering Laboratory
- Fire and Life Safety America Laboratory
- FM Global Fire Phenomenon Laboratory
- James and Pamela Boyer Laboratory
- Rolf Jensen & Associates Fire Science Laboratory
- Koffel Associates Fire Standards Laboratory
- UL Fire Modeling Laboratory
- Overview of FPE Research Projects, February 2013 [pdf]
- FPE Student Project Videos
- Professor Jim Quintiere questions the NIST investigation of the 9/11 collapse of the World Trade Center Towers [pdf]
MS and PhD Theses
FPE DRUM Community
- MS Theses (after 12/2003)
- PhD Theses:
- Bryan Hoskins (2011) “The Effects of Interactions and Individual Characteristics on Egress Down Stairs”
- Anthony Pollman (2011) “Experimental Validation of Trac-Relap Advanced Computational Engine (TRACE) for Simplified, Integral, Rapid-Condensation-Driven Transient"
- Ning Ren (2010) “Advances in Characterizing Fire Sprinkler Sprays"
- Praveen Narayanan (2010) "Direct Numerical Simulation of Non-Premixed Flame extinction Phenomina"
- Kiran Dellimore (2010) “Modeling and Simulation of Mixing Layer Flows for Rocket Engine Film Cooling"
- Vivien Lecoustre (2009) “Numerical Investigations of Gaseus Spherical Diffusion Flames"
- Justin Williamson (2009) “Measurements and Analysis of Extinction in Vitiated Flame Sets
- Zhixin Hu (2008) “Numerical Simulation of Low-Pressure Explosive Combustion in Compartment Fires"
- Gregory Anderson (2008) “Development and Testing of a Multiplexed Temperature Sensor"
- Carlos Cruz (2008) “Experimental and Numerical Charicerization of Turbulent Slot Film Cooling"
- Erin Ashley (2007) “Waking Efecctiveness of Emergency Alerting Devices for the Hearing Able, Hard of Hearing, and Deaf Populations"