The Fire Education and Research (FIRE) Center was established by the Department of Fire Protection Engineering in 2003 as a membership organization. Fire Center membership provides an opportunity for a strategic partnership between your corporation and the Fire Protection Engineering program that satisfies the mission of both partners.
For the Fire Center member, this program provides your corporation unique access to the intellectual capital (students, faculty and research) of the department while also serving as a gateway to campus research collaborations, access to laboratories, and intellectual property licenses. The high visibility of Fire Center members creates recognition by students, faculty and the departmental community of your commitment to fire protection engineering education at the University of Maryland.
Funds generated through the program support scholarships, student activities, competitions, awards, conferences and other programs that directly benefit students and faculty.
For More Information Contact:
Department of Fire Protection Engineering
3106C J.M. Patterson Building
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742
The benefits of your $15,000 membership include:
Premium Student Recruitment and Student Engagement Opportunities
- Prime placement at the annual FPE Career Fair and guaranteed inclusion in information session
- First choice for scheduled dates and location for on-site interviewing and presentations to FPE students
- An exclusive, well-publicized company information session targeted to FPE students
- Opportunity to interact with FPE students at various events during the academic year
Involvement in Education and Research
- Provide a guest speaker for FPE student courses in professional development
- Serve as guest lecturer in FPE courses of strategic interest to your corporation
- Explore research collaborations with faculty and attend research showcase events
- Host an event on company’s site for FPE alumni with the department chair and/or other faculty for local companies; host event in departmental space for companies outside of the area.
Named sponsorship of undergraduate scholarships
- Invitation to attend the annual Clark School Scholarship Luncheon with your scholarship recipients
- Corporate name appears on all scholarship announcements (print and online)
Visibility and Recognition
- Large corporate logo plaque on exclusive recognition wall in the Department’s office suite
- Corporate video screening in the Department’s office suite
- Your corporate name on print and online newsletters, publications, invitations and signage
- Opportunity to list the Department of Fire Protection Engineering on your corporate website as an educational partner
Special Invitations & Networking
- The Corporate Partners Program serves as a gateway to research collaborations, intellectual property licensing, and access to laboratories and specialized equipment
Current FIRE Center Membership
We are grateful to the current members of the FIRE Center. Their support makes a significant difference in the lives of our students.
- Koffel Associates
- National Fire Protection Association
- Poole Fire Protection
- Siemens Industry, Inc.
- SimplexGrinnell, A Tyco International Company
- American Fire Sprinkler Association
- Honeywell Life Safety
- JENSEN HUGHES
- Reliable Automatic Sprinkler
- Roger R. Cholin Scholarship
- Salamander, the National FPE Honor Society
- SFPE, Chesapeake Chapter
- SFPE, Greater Atlanta Chapter
- The Wells Fund, PGCF